Debido a la inactividad, tu sesión finalizará en aproximadamente 2 minutos. Prolonga tu sesión haciendo clic en "OK" a continuación.
Tu sesión ha terminado debido a inactividad. Vuelve a ingresar para continuar.
LG V50 ThinQ™ 5G Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update Instructions
To help you with the mandatory software update for your device, this page contains the following information:
- Software Update Instructions - User initiated over the air (OTA)
- Software Update Instructions - Server initiated OTA
- Updating while roaming
- Insufficient device memory alert
- Battery life expectations after a major software update
User initiated OTA
To start the download:
- Start on the Home screen by tapping the Menu Key
- Toca Settings
- Oprime About Phone
- Oprime Software updates
- Oprime Check for Update
- Oprime Download Now
When download is complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed.
Oprime Install Now.
The device will power down and restart. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Oprime OK.
Server initiated OTA
Once a new software version is available for your device, it'll begin downloading in the background.
When the download is complete, you'll be notified that it is ready to be installed.
Tap Install Now and the device will power down and restart. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Oprime OK.
To check your software version from the home screen:
- Oprime Menu
- Toca Settings
- Oprime About Phone
Updating while roaming
You won't receive a software update notice if you're roaming. You'll need to be connected to Wi-Fi to update your device while roaming.
To enable Wi-Fi on your device, go to Settings under Wireless & Networks and tap Wi-Fi ON to enable (if not already enabled).
Tap Wi-Fi to view and select a Wi-Fi network.
Once you're connected, an update notification will appear on your device. If the software update fails to install, you'll get an error screen, though this only means the software didn't install properly. Remove and re-insert the battery, and power your device back on. The device will restart with the original software and will prompt you once again to install the software update.
Insufficient Device Memory
Due to changes in the Lollipop OS, you'll need sufficient reserved memory for a software upgrade. If you don't have enough user memory, a Low Memory pop-up screen will be shown until you free up enough memory. Eliminating unused apps, and clearing videos or photos can help free up device memory. If you dismiss the notification and have not cleared space after 24 hours, a pre-update message will pop up again until you free up the memory necessary to perform the software update.
Battery life expectations after a major software update:
- The application memory may have to be optimized. This can take time and cause the device to temporarily use more battery while the optimization is in progress.
- Downloaded apps may not be optimized, as app developers don't immediately update their apps to support new versions of the OS. This may result in higher than normal battery drain, and in some cases device sluggishness, until apps are updated or removed.
- It can take 2 to 3 days for the device's battery life to normalize.
Software Upgrade Assistant Tool
If you don't have a strong connection to Wi-Fi or the Verizon Wireless network, you may not be able to perform a software update over the air. En lugar de ello, puedes conectar tu dispositivo a una computadora con acceso a internet. Connect your device to your computer using your USB cable, then download the Software Upgrade Assistant tool to your computer, which will check for software updates and initiate the software update process.
System Update 7
Release date: 05/19/2020
Android Security Patch Level: April 2020
Software Version: G450VM20c
This software update for your LG V50 includes the Android OS 10 software update and the latest security patches.
- Apps can be scaled to a different size. In the Overview screen, tap an app icon to show options from which you can select Pop-up window.
- Changes the LG app screens to a dark theme. You can view the screens even in the dark with no glare.
- The option of navigating the phone with gestures only is added.
- Lower the screen for use in one hand by swiping in from the left/right edge of the screen and holding.
- Auto mode has been separated into Photo and Video modes. In Video mode, you can see a preview of the scene before recording.
Switch camera button
- The button has been moved from the top of the screen to the bottom to make it within a thumb’s reach on one hand.
- Drag the angle icon to interactively control angle and zoom with one hand.
- Changes from a mode to an option in the Video mode.
Search suggestions and categorizations
- The search screen shows search suggestions and categorizations such as when, where and how the photos and videos in you Gallery were taken.
Call & Messaging
- Buttons have been rearranged.
- You can make a video call to the same number when the voice call ends.
Attach in Messaging
- Attachments preview show files horizontally.
Share via Messaging
- When you share a file via Messaging from other apps such as Gallery, you can select an existing conversation to share instead of having to enter the recipient every time.
- Changes have been added to first-depth menus due to “Privacy” and “Digital Wellbeing & parental controls”, and “Location” has been moved up to the 1st depth from under “Lock screen & Security.”
Wi-Fi settings, Bluetooth settings
- Step-by-step tutorials have been removed as the technologies are now familiar enough to users.
- Screen sharing and File sharing, which were located on the bottom of the panel, have now been changed to regular Quick setting icons. Screen recording has been added.
- You can adjust the media volume on an app-by-app basis.
- Draw and send a quick animated message. Find Draw Chat from the Smart toolbar in LG keyboard.
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
- If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.
- Operating System FAQs
- Check out the latest Verizon offers and upgrade to a newer LG smartphone. Not sure if you're eligible to upgrade yet? Find out fast in My Verizon.
V50 ThinQ es una marca comercial de LG Electronics, Inc. LG, LG Life's Good y el logotipo de LG son marcas comerciales registradas de LG Corp.
Android es una marca comercial de Google, Inc.