Maybe you got your basic mobile phone for its small size and slim build. Or, was it the QWERTY keyboard and touch screen that really enticed you? Either way, your basic phone is so much more than a device from which to make and take calls. It can be your social media lifeline.
These days, many basic phones are equipped with features such as email, web browsing and integration with sites like Facebook® and Twitter. With the right phone, you can turn your mobile device into a social powerhouse—uploading photos and videos and updating your status on the go.
You can’t go wrong with one of Verizon’s basic phones when it comes to socializing beyond calling and texting.
How to Upload Images to Facebook
You've got a killer photo you want to share on Facebook, but how do you get it there? Follow these easy steps:
- Be sure you are signed into your Facebook account.
- Find the image on your phone that you want to send to Facebook.
- Select the Send via Email or Via Email function on your phone. On some basic phones, you can also choose Facebook by selecting To Social Network. On others, you can directly select To Facebook.
- Attach the image to a new message and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or the short code 32665.
- Choose Send and follow the prompts.
How to Send Updates to Twitter
If you already have a Twitter account, you can access it from your phone using SMS or Twitter’s mobile website, mobile.twitter.com. To send a tweet via the website:
- Tap on the Compose a Tweet icon (looks like a feather quill) on the top-right of the screen. This will bring up the Compose new Tweet box.
- Enter your message, then tap Tweet.
You can also watch a video demo on how to set up and send updates to Twitter via text messaging on your mobile phone.
The social power of simplicity is evident in great basic phones from Verizon Wireless.