5 Ways the Nest Learning Thermostat Ends the Family Temperature Ways
Peace of mind and peace in the home.
Few things divide family members quite like dialing in the ideal temperature. One may crank the heat until the rest of the family is sweating, while another might dial it back until everyone is huddling under blankets. This is not just a recipe for disagreement - and discomfort - but also a headache for parents concerned about the electric bill.
The Nest Learning Thermostat, 3rd Generation, is a smart thermostat that helps regulate the energy usage in your home - based on your family 's patterns - to help save money while keeping the house at the perfect temperature.
Here are 5 ways this smart thermostat helps families keep the peace:
1. Painless installation: Most parents don't have a spare hour or two to spend installing a thermostat. CNET says that the 3rd generation of the Nest Learning Thermostat is by far the easiest model its staff has ever installed. With just a screwdriver, level and baseplate, parents can quickly get the thermostat up and running.
2. Auto-scheduling: By learning your family's patterns - what time everyone is out of the house for work and school in the morning, your temperature preferences, how drafty your home is - the Nest's auto-schedule feature adjusts to be as energy-efficient as possible. You can easily change the schedule if your patterns and needs change.
3. Safety first: When Nest Protect (sold separately) detects smoke or carbon monoxide, the Nest Thermostat turns off the heating system to keep the smoke or the odorless gas from spreading. Alarms from Nest Protect are also displayed on the Nest Thermostat for additional communication.
4. Easy integration: To help families save time managing their smart-home devices, the Nest works with many different types of gadgets. TechHive writes that the biggest advantage of the Nest over competitors is its partnerships with other manufacturers that produce security systems, light bulbs, locks, smart vents, water heaters and ceiling fans.
The number of compatible devices listed on the Nest website is astounding, allowing for a giant smart-home ecosystem. And here's a big plus for parents whose hards are often full: A simple request to your Google Home device is all that's needed to change the temperature.
5. Intelligent tracking: The new Family Accounts and Home/Away assist features use cell-phone location info to determine if the family is home or away. The Family Accoutn feature allows each person who lives in the house, including teens and tweens, to set up an account with their cell-phone number. The Home/Away assist feature then uses the location of each cellphone to determine whether the house is empty or if family members are home.
"Sleek and stylish, but easy to use too, the Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation is one of the best performing smart thermostats we have tested," writes Good Housekeeping.
The above content is provided for information purposes only. All information included herein is subject to change without notice. Verizon is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising from or related to use or reliance of the above content.