Phone Plans For Families
You may not agree on what to watch for movie night, but you and your family can all agree that a family mobile plan should be simple and easy. From adding a line to making adjustments, here's what you need to know about the Verizon family plans.
Make the switch to a family plan.
If you’re at the stage of switching from a single plan to a family plan, start by signing in to your account or using the My Verizon app. In both instances, you’ll be able to browse plans before picking the one that’s right for you. If you switch from an Unlimited plan to a shared data plan, all of the lines in your account will automatically switch over.
Add a line to your family mobile plan.
There are 2-, 3-, 4- and 5-line family plan options, so account owners can add family members to the same account when signing up a new line. Increasing the number of lines takes just a few clicks.
- If you need a device: Sign in to your account to purchase a device and add a line to your existing account.
- If you have an eligible device: Log in to your account to add a line (find more FAQs here).
- If you have a Prepaid Family Account: Designate an account owner line and choose to merge the other lines with the main account through the My Verizon app or online.
Mix-and-match for individual family members.
Family mobile plans are highly adaptable and let you select options based on your wants and needs. Those include:
- Get More Unlimited for $55 per line for 4 lines, the largest amount of data and perks including unlimited mobile hotspot.*
- Start Unlimited for $35 per line for 4 lines with international texting, DVD-quality video and a slew of other options.*
- Play More Unlimited for $45 per line for 4 lines with HD-quality video, unlimited international texting and millions of songs.*
- Do More Unlimited for $45 per line for 4 lines with plenty of data.*
- Just Kids for $35 per line for 4 lines, so you can monitor content, track locations and control screen time. You can also block some apps for added online safety. You can add the Just Kids plan to any Unlimited plan of your choice.*
No matter which plan you choose, tailoring it to your family is simple. For instance, Do More Unlimited, Just Kids and Play More Unlimited plans can all be part of the same account — with each option designated for 3 different family members. To start, compare the plans to understand what works for you and your loved ones.
Remove a phone line.
With a family plan, transferring a line from your account to one managed by someone else is simple. Log into your account to transfer service to a separate billing account.
Use a prepaid family plan.
When you use a family prepaid plan, each line (up to 10) will have its own account and data allowance; there’s no sharing between lines. The main account owner pays for all accounts at the same time, so there’s only one renewal date to remember. Account owners can remove lines by logging on to My Verizon.
Choose the data plan that fits your family’s needs.
The flexibility of family plan choices applies to data, too. As your family needs change, you can adjust your data options. Rates include:
- Small (2GB) for $35 per month*
- Medium (4GB) for $50 per month*
- Large (8GB) for $75 per month*
- 5 (5GB) for $40 per month*
Unused data carries over from the previous month, and Safety Mode allows you to use data at reduced speeds should you go over your monthly data allowance. Worried about going over your data during your first billing cycle? Try backdating a larger plan to reduce any overages.
Know your family mobile plan options.
Customizing your data plan to meet your goals and finding devices that truly meet your family’s needs is simple. As your family dynamics change, use the family plan calculator to add or subtract lines to see your options. And, it's easy for any of you to trade in your devices when you're ready for something new.
*Per month when enrolled in Auto Pay, plus taxes and fees.